Sunday 25 January 2015

Damn, this game is tough

So I'm 0 for 5 with Shadowrun Crossfire. With a single player controlling a single character, the only mission you can play is Extraction and I've failed it five times now. As far as I can tell, the only way you can win your first couple of runs is a stroke of incredible luck - otherwise it's nigh on impossible to keep both your runner and the client alive for 6 rounds when facing 9 obstacles. Even if you somehow manage to clear an obstacle during each of your turns without getting staggered (requiring an incredible feat of luck in itself), the client is still going to take 4 obstacles worth of damage.. and that's assuming you don't get screwed by a Crossfire card in the mean time (which you will).

I love the theme, but man, compared to PACG, where you have both the time and the resources to figure out how to deal with a difficult situation (e.g. a bad hand and three location decks with Sirens sitting on top of them,) Crossfire provides a super frustrating solo experience with a single character,

I'm kind of glad that Catalyst haven't released any more content for Crossfire yet because I'm not really sure I want to continue to invest in a game that I'm supposed to fail nine times out of ten. Well, that or I'm going to have to start playing 2+ characters at once..

No comments:

Post a Comment