Sunday, 1 October 2017
Tuesday, 12 September 2017
After that, more milliput, and more sanding once that dries. I'm so close to actually being able to start painting the exterior!
Monday, 11 September 2017
Sunday, 10 September 2017
I finished filling the gaps and then re-doing the intentional gaps between the panels, theb sanded down the Milliput so that it is hopefully smooth enough that it will blend in with the resin once painted. Spent a little while trying to hot water bend the landing gear into the right shape as well as the passenger compartment floor on both halves. It looks straight now but I guess I will find out when I try to glue it together.
Saturday, 9 September 2017
I would build it right now!
Tuesday, 5 September 2017
Wednesday, 30 August 2017
This gave me the level of interior detail I was hoping for, without protruding too much from the walls to make model movement difficult (of course, the actual rooms themselves is another story). I painted them up and fitted them in place, then followed Tom Schadle's colour scheme for the Warsenal Cosmica terrain - more or less - since the base colour of orange and white is what Antenocitis use on their own pre-coloured Forward Base set.
Monday, 21 August 2017
Thursday, 10 August 2017
It arrived and was moderately fancy (not as shiny as the Cosmica stuff from Warsenal, but not as expensive, either.. so it just comes out ahead!) but the large flat colours give the terrain an overly simple look that doesn't suit Warzone. So with the Portrait literally dusted off, I got to work on some interior and exterior panel designs. Three sheets of 10 thou plasticard later, and I have these (left side is before punching out the cut away parts)
..which combine to make one of these!
..which goes here!
I was all set to prime and paint these interior panels and then when I started up my airbrush, the compressor died. I'm not confident I can get the desired level of smoothness if I paint these by hand, so for now I will have to continue making panels while I wait for the replacement pressure switch to arrive for the compressor.
Fudge! I was really hoping to finish off those corridor sections quickly.
Tuesday, 25 April 2017
Sunday, 12 March 2017
I had a little time this weekend to tidy up the paint job on one of my BAK squads and rebase the models to work with WZR 2.0. When I glue the other three crew to the base of my second gun, I'll actually have a squad I can call complete! (Everything else has had paint on it for almost 2 years, but doesn't really look finished)
Sunday, 19 February 2017
That's the last of the Warzone tokens I'm doing for the club - 300 in all. Phew! Also got the WREL prize cards back from ArtsCow. Print quality is good, card quality is OK but of course the image doesn't quite match up with what I saw in the card maker so I need to expand the image a little so the black edges don't show up. Not a big deal, and hopefully by mid-March I will have a few sets ready to ship out.
Wednesday, 15 February 2017
Monday, 13 February 2017
Friday, 13 January 2017
..and after some trial and error with printing the 'promo' cards, not to mention my requests for icons etc falling on deaf ears, I have figured out how to proceed with the production of them and I they are about set for Artscow:
I also painted a few more Undead Legionnaires for Warzone and finally got around to assembling my Necromutants, all of which I need so I can record a small tutorial on how the "Turning" rule works in 2.0. But perhaps most importantly, I finally finished my son's mech, his Thunderbolt TDR5-SS. Overall I am happy with how it turned out although I will probably add some decals later, and I may reposition the left arm since it is about 1mm futher back than the right and when held at the correct angle it is very noticeable.